Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Protest / Mr John Minto

Hello.
In hurumanu 1, we worked on protests that happened in New Zealand. Protest is someone who says a statement about their objections, one of the biggest protest that happened was the Parihaka and also the Women's Suffrage. We had to read an article about all of the main protests that happened in NZ, here is the link to that article if you want to read what it says there. In the article, it shows many different protest that happened the Great Strike was also involved in there. 

Here is the slide show that I worked on about the protest:

Mr John Minto:
John Minto had an important role in the Springbok Tour Protest. South African's didn't let South Africans join the All Blacks team, and the All Blacks didn't let black Maori join the South African's team.

Mr John Minto protested with other 300 people, he was wearing a blue helmet. While in the protest, angry rugby supporters started attack John Minto, which is was bad. He's helmet was damaged, because some people was hitting him.

Which protest is are you interested in?

Thank you for reading this post, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.