Pages

Monday 1 March 2021

Changing The World

Kamusta, welcome to my blog. For this post, I am going to share you my work. Our task was to choose a topic, the topics are Super Bike, The Steam Powered Car, How Cars Changed The World. I chose super bike. We had to read a book about Super bike, it's about interviewing John Britten. After we read the book, we have finish some tasks that the teacher prepared for us, it's about the book.s

Here is my work:

Super Bike!

Comprehension Questions

  1. What was the name of the first bike John Britten made at home?

The name of John Britten’s first bike is called ‘Britten V1000”.


  1. How long would it take John to build a go-cart?  What did him build them out of? 

It takes about 3 weeks for John to build a go-cart, he builds many different types of go-cartt. John uses the big wooden box that he got from his father’s bike shop.


  1. What does John have trouble with?

John has trouble with reading magazines, he uses the magazines for some ideas for his go-cart.


  1. What type of car did John design when he was 12? 

By the time he was twelve, John bought a petrol motor. He was finally able to complete this go-cart.


How would you feel?

Describe how you would feel watching a bike designed by YOU win an international race.

I would feel happy, because I might have worked hard for the bike I designed. I might also be noticed by some famous people, in that way. Maybe I can create a company, because we receive money if we win a race.


Replace The Words But Keep The Meaning

The following sentence comes from the text. Your job is to rearrange/add in/replace some of the words with other words you know. Make sure the original meaning of the sentence stays the same.


When it sprints past factory bikes on the race track, you can hardly believe it yourself!


Re word: At the point when it runs past manufacturing plant bicycles on the race track, you can barely trust it yourself.


The Introduction Information

1. Change the title. Change the title of the article, but make sure it is still a suitable title yet an interesting title. 


‘History of John Britten’s Super Bike’

I changed the title to History of John Britten super bike because, in the article. It basically explains how John Britten created the go-kart and the bikes, it also explained when he started making the bikes. So I made the decision to name it the history of John Britten super bike. 


2. State what ‘Genre’ the text is. Is it a play, story, article etc? 

In my opinion, I think the genre is non-fiction and history. It’s non-fiction because all of the things that he says are actually real. I think it’s also history because the cars that they use are different from what we use right now. Basically, we're in the modern world right now.


3. List the Author/s and Illustrator/s of the text. 

The author of Super bike is Jane Buxton.


4. In a paragraph, write a short synopsis/review of what it was about.

John Britten is a man, who won an award for having the fastest superbike in a race. The super bike is called ‘Britten V1000’. He went through a lot of stuff while trying to make his superbike successful. When he was about 12 years old, he saved up enough money to buy a petrol motor. In that way, he can make his very first go-kart.



Thank you for reading this post, I hope you have learned something about John Britten.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.