Pages

Thursday 2 December 2021

pH Colours

 Aim:

I want to find out what the colours of pH are.

Research:


Method:

Equipment
  • Acid - Hydrochloric Acid
  • Base - Sodium Hydroxide
  • Test Tube Rack with test tubes
  • Universal Indicator
Instruction
  1. Get your equipment
  2. Put 10 drops of Universal Indicator into the test tube.
  3. Add different amounts of acid and base into the test tube.
  4. Watch what happens to the colour.
Results:
Made a rainbow of all the pH colours in science! : r/oddlysatisfying
(This picture is not mine, because I didn't email the pictures I took to myself.)

Discussion:
What are the pH colours?
There are many different types of pH ranges, the colour red has the highest acid, and indigo and violet has the strongest alkali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.