Pages

Tuesday 16 June 2020

Making Biltong (Beef Jerky)

Magandang umaga /  Magandang hapon,
  Good morning          Good afternoon

Welcome back to my blog post, today in hurumanu 3 which is science we made beef jerky.

Yesterday I finished my work task to be able to create beef jerky today, and I manage to create beef jerky today. So in the work task we have to tell what are the ingredients that we need and also the steps on how to make beef jerky.

These are the ingredients that we need to make beef jerky:
Salt
Beef
White Sugar

Those are the main ingredients, and we only used that ingredients to make beef jerky today. It was pretty easy to make and the meat felt slimy.

These are the steps that I did
Write out the step-by-step instructions
  1. Get all of the ingredients that you need, which are the cutted flank beef, pickling salt and white sugar.
  2. Get a pinch of salt and sprinkle it on the cutted flank meat, after you sprinkle the first side that you did turn over and sprinkle the other side with a pinch of salt. Also repeat the same steps for the sugar.
  3. After you sprinkled the salt, hang up the meat on the string line using a peg. 
  4. Leave the meat hanging in the string line for 3 days to let it dry


This is what it looked like:

And this is how it looks like when it was dry:

How I describe the beef jerky:
See : It looks like dog food
Smell : Dog Food
Hear : Crunch
Taste : Rotten Salty Tuna

I rate it a 0, because it taste gross. I don't like it, I think it was a fail.

Questions : -Have you ever made a homemade beef jerky?

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it and you can also comment down bellow and you can answer my question.

Paalam!
(Goodbye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.