Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

SLJ

Activity 1: Fantastic Beasts [4 points]

In New Zealand we have many unusual animals. One of the most unusual is the kiwi bird - a bird that does not have wings and can not fly. Pretty strange, eh?! J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, has recently written a new book about strange or unusual animals called ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’
For this activity, please watch this cool book trailer. Year 7 and Year 8 students in South Auckland, New Zealand helped to make it. Once you have watched the video, use your imagination and create your very own beast. What does your beast look, smell, feel, and sound like?

On your blog, post a description of your beast. Use interesting adjectives (describing words) to tell us about your beast.


Answer: I think my beast would be nice and friendly, it eats meat but not humans. It has a brown fluffy skin and a blue eyes and it has a white stripe in the skin. Always hunt for food. It has a long claws.

2 comments:

  1. Kumusta Rheanne-Mae! You have a very beautiful name. My name is Susie and I am a member of the Summer Learning Journey team this year. I hope you've had an amazing year at school and I also hope you are ready to have some fun throughout the summer holiday program!

    I enjoyed reading the description about your Fantastic beast. Does it have a name? Is is a boy or a girl? I would also love to know what it eats for food and what its strengths and weaknesses are. You can tell me one thing it is good at and also what it is scared of!

    I would love to know more about your Fantastic Beast. Would it be able to survive the hot weather in the Philippines if you take it there with you? :) How often do you visit the Philippines? I am from Korea and I came to New Zealand when I was 13 years old. You should ask me some questions as well if you would like to know :)

    Looking forward to viewing more of your blog posts Rheanne-Mae.


    Talk soon,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie, thanks for reminding me. I forgot to add the gender and other stuff. I'll fix it next time.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.