Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

SLJ (Day 2, Activity One, Week One)

Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points]

New Zealand has a really special environment. Many of the plants and trees found in New Zealand are not found anywhere else in the world. These plants and trees are endemic to our country.  In New Zealand, one of the largest and longest living endemic trees is the NZ Kauri tree. Kauri are mainly found in three regions of New Zealand: the Coromandel, Auckland and Northland. The largest Kauri tree in the country is in the Waipoua Forest in Northland. It is called Tāne Mahuta. Some people refer to it as the ‘Lord of the Forest.’
Thousands of people go to visit Tāne Mahuta every year. Would you like to be one of those people who got to see Tāne Mahuta in real life? Why or why not?
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.
My Answer: I wanted to visit Tane Mahuta, because I wanted to hang out with my family and friends there. We could take a lot of pictures so we could never forget that day.

Thanks for reading, please give me some feedback.
:D




1 comment:

  1. Good morning Rheanne,

    I think taking a photo standing right next to Tāne Mahuta would be a great idea. Do you think you'll be able to capture the entire tree in the frame? I'm sure anyone standing next to the tree would look TINY because the tree itself is taller than 51 metres!

    What else would you like to do near Waipoua Forest? I personally love camping so it would be a great idea to spend a night at a camping site nearby.

    If you do get a chance to see Tāne Mahuta one day, please share the photo with us!

    Ka kite,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.