Pages

Thursday 15 October 2020

Gold Rush / Chinese Miners

 Hello everyone,

Welcome back to my blog post, yesterday I created a blog post about gold rush. It's still the same topic but different information. This is going to be about how other countries went to New Zealand to get gold from the gold rush.

Back in the days, there was a gold rush in Otago. Many different countries travelled to New Zealand to get gold from Gabriel's Gully, and China was part of those countries who went to New Zealand for the gold rush.

This is the task that we have to finish and post it in our blog:

Choose 4 discoveries you have made about Gold Mining and 4 discoveries you have made about the Chinese & their role in shaping Aotearoa New Zealand.

Here is 4 things that I learn't about Gold Mining:

1 - Gold mining wasn't easy, because they have to face many problems. Like the rain and the mud.

2 - Gabriel Read was the person who first discovered the gold in Otago.

3 - The gold rush is located in Otago at Gabriel's Gully.

4 - The gold rush was named after Gabriel Read, that's why it's called Gabriel's Gully.

Here are some Chinese facts:

1 - In the 1866 there was only about 200 Chinese miners that went to Otago to get some gold from the gold rush,

 2 - At 1868 more Chinese miners arrived at Otago to mine for gold.

3 -  There was about 5,000 (five thousand) Chinese miners in total that came to New Zealand.

4 - Not only Chinese miners came, some Chinese business came.

Thank you for reading this post, I hope that you have learn't something new.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.